The Point of care ultrasound is revolutionizing care for the critically ill patient. Ultrasound allows the treating clinician to exploit the rapid, portable and repeatable nature of the technique to assist in decision making for those with shock, respiratory failure or in need of invasive procedures.
Canadian Resuscitative Ultrasound Course 2018 will focus on the core skill set required to begin the road to competency in this exciting area. This will include didactic and hands-on sessions, with emphasis on image acquisition, image interpretation and clinical integration. With particular emphasis on cardiac and respiratory failure, as well as vascular access, this course is ideally suited for those caring for the gravely ill patients typically seen in the ICU, the ED or OR.
This course uses a flipped classroom model where lectures will be provided ahead of time in electronic format.
This program seeks to convey a significant amount of cognitive and technical information in a short time. Some organizational highlights include:
• Lecture formats are interactive and engaging with real time ultrasound exams being performed during lectures.
• Lecture time is minimized with a flipped classroom (pre course lectures) in favor of interactive image interpretation sessions that challenge the participant with interpretation and integration of ultrasound images.
• Hands on scanning with a 2:1 learner to faculty ratio will ensure each learner has devoted time with an ultrasound probe and experienced scanner to guide them.
• Each day will conclude with a simulation enhanced post-course assessment to gauge comfort and ease with the techniques emphasized in the course.
Who Should Attend:
- Critical care physicians and trainees
- Anesthesiologists and trainees
- Emergency physicians and trainees
- Internists who care for sick inpatients